Sunday, January 5, 2014

Please Let 2014 Be Better Than 2013

Hello 2014!

Nice to see you, but I have to admit that for a moment there I thought we were going to get off on the wrong foot!

Saw the New Year on Ambulance Duty! Was a fun night as the my crew member is a real hoot and there was no way that we weren't going to have some fun, even if it might be at our patients expense haha!

We were out the door pretty much straight away for a medical call and then we really didn't do too much until closer to midnight. In fact our midnight patient was oh wait what did you expect...thats right a drunk person haha! Thankfully they were partying hard at their Mum and Dads house so we didn't have to clog up the hospital. The patient was fine to be left at home and in the care of the sober concern parents!

Then we ended up at the local prison, which is always a fun visit! Some of those prisoners sure know the right words to say to get a trip to hospital. Unfortunately we have our hands tied a bit here as we have to treat not only what we see but what they are telling us. If they know the right words to use such as "chest pain" etc then we have a duty of care to take them to hospital! By the time we waited for all the appropriate paperwork for the prisoner to be allowed to come to hospital with the appropriate guards to their company etc it turned into a very very long job. Don't get me wrong, some of the prisoners are actually sick and need our help, but sadly this was not the case with this gentleman!

Got back to station about 3.30am and managed to even shut our eyes for about an hour and a half after winding down. The tones go off at 5.45am and we are out the door again! This time we were off to Raglan for a patient who had collapsed and had been seen to have seizure. The Raglan crew already had the patient on board so we met them enroute, transferred the patient our truck and then carried on back towards hospital. Made it almost all the way to Raglan though. Good P1 driving my fine crew memeber haha!

Finally got back to our station just after 7.30am. Restock the truck and then it was time to log off and head home for a well deserved sleep!

I really enjoyed having the chance to do the first complete 13 hour shift, I normally only do 8 hours, in over 2 years! Oh the joys of having been pregnant and then having a baby to look after! Miss Holly spent the night up at her Nannys.

This was the first big sleep over for Miss Holly at Nannys. Secretly I was praying that she would be a good girl, go to bed without any fuss, sleep all night, wake up at her normal time around 6.30-7.00am, eat her breakfast and basically be a good girl! My wish it seemed was granted. She was just a little star! Farmer Brown had gone up to the Big House for dinner and stayed there until Miss Holly was settled in to bed for the night. Nanny tells me that she only heard her once during the night, but left her as I had instructed and she went back to sleep until 6.30am like the good girl that she is! She not only ate her breakfast, she even drank almost a whole bottle too!

I am hoping that this now opens the way for her to go up there at other times! It would be so great to have some time to ourselves once and a while. Maybe to enjoy dinner out or even a movie etc. Am so proud of Missy for being such a good wee girl!

Miss Holly is now walking like she has done it all of her little wee life. She races around the house without a care in the world. She is so funny. When she knows she is doing something that we don't like her to do, she tries to run away from us, giggling her head off like it is the biggest joke out!

The other day I could hear splashing water coming from somewhere and what do you know Miss Holly was no where to be seen....until I looked in the toilet! There she is with the toilet brush in her hand splashing it in and out of the toilet! Water going everywhere, so much so that she was having trouble getting traction on the slippery floor! She thought it was hilarious. I must admit that I did too but I was really trying hard not to laugh out loud! Don't want to encourage her too much. Instead I steered her out of the toilet and told her that next time I would show her how to use the vacuum cleaner and the washing machine since she was so keen haha!

Tomorrow she is off to get her 15 month old immunisations. Am taking Farmer Brown with me as he will need to help me hold her for this round as she is to get 3 injections this time. One in each thigh and one in the arm. Poor wee bugger! Needs to be done though and she doesn't have the next ones until she is 4 years old. At least its a big break between this and the next lot!

She is back at Day Care this week after a two week break for the Christmas Holidays. I have enjoyed having her at home with me, but I would be lying if I said that I was happy that she was going back on Tuesday haha!

So 2014, so far so good and long may it continue. Lets put all the turmoil of last year behind us and look onwards and upwards for the next exciting chapter in our busy busy lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment